NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is AJ. For my birthday a very good friend bought me a 2012 2.0T with sound/nav package in toronado red. I am a guy and at first really liked the black, then was talked into the red. I really liked the way the red stood out over the black and that ultimately sold me. I've had several compliments, but yesterday some ******* shouted "******" to me as he was driving by. This made me wonder if it was the red color or the fact that most guys thinks beetles are chick cars. This has really upset me the past few days and I'm feeling regret. I love the way the car handles and drives and I like how it looks as well. I have the 19" toronado rims as well. As a guy, should I have bought the black or just say screw it to what other guys think? I'm seriously BUGged by this! :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First of all, I'd like to get on your friend's gift list...

Secondly, this seems to be a recurring theme on this forum, and will undoubtedly get mega replies. The bottom line is, if you like the car and/or color, that's all that really matters.
LOL...Thank you! I feel so lucky to have him as a friend. I love my car and just confused with the color over 1 ignorant comment!

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I love my car and just confused with the color over 1 ignorant comment!
The world is full of ignorant people, most with ignorant comments.
If someone gave me a 2012, you wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face with a snowplow.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
WHAT???
Very good friend is an EXTREME understatement..lol.

Congrats AJ on such an amazing gift. Pics would be awesome.

Dude in the truck and beerle boy bashers are ignorant & dare I say biggoted... insecure in their manhood for sure. Trucker dude might think differently if he pulled next to me and a 6' 2.5"dude exited the car. Not saying I'd beat Him down. Just saying a 6' 2.5" dude getting out of a beetle might change his view on things :D

Enjoy your ride man. Ya know, they should do a man's version of the movie "Stepford Wives"...Stepford Dudes". Where all the men look the same, act the same, listen to the same music, have the same house & drive the same car...all are programmed to be like every other dude..sheesh! Bullocks on the narrow minded haters, stuck in their boxed-in stereotypes... bunch of lemmings :rant2:

Enjoy that sweet beetle. Us fellow beetleboys got your back- the beetle babes do too. Matter of fact, dude in the truck is probably jealous of all the attention you're getting from the ladies....take THAT ingnorant beetle hater truck dude :p

Again bring on the pics and let us check out your ride :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I have to agree and chime in about being a guy driving a fun car. Being 6'3" and a big frame (overweight) - this car fits me. You can't find a better car for fun!

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide.com App

·
Owner of Puffy
144 Posts
i must meet your friend lol.

nobody has said anything to me about my NB being only for girls, i think they know better.
there is no specific color girls like on cars, to me red is for anyone, now if it was hot pink that would be a different story lol.
enjoy your new beetle and welcome to the ORG :)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hi, my name is AJ. For my birthday a very good friend bought me a 2012 2.0T with sound/nav package in toronado red. I am a guy and at first really liked the black, then was talked into the red. I really liked the way the red stood out over the black and that ultimately sold me. I've had several compliments, but yesterday some ******* shouted "******" to me as he was driving by. This made me wonder if it was the red color or the fact that most guys thinks beetles are chick cars. This has really upset me the past few days and I'm feeling regret. I love the way the car handles and drives and I like how it looks as well. I have the 19" toronado rims as well. As a guy, should I have bought the black or just say screw it to what other guys think? I'm seriously BUGged by this! :confused:
There is an easy fix. Get the Black Beetle and give me the Red one :D
Are you seriously regretting getting a brand new beetle as a gift just because you are regretting
Your color choice? Really? If I were ever gifted a Beetle (new or used) regardless of color I would
Absolutely Love it! BTW, Tornado Red is one of the greatest Beetle colors. Black is boring, attracts
Dirt like a magnet and technically isn't even a color. This isn't a Model T but a beetle and beetle's have
To have bright friendly colors. If that isn't you than perhaps you not only made the wrong color choice
But the wrong choice of cars.
My advice, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, enjoy the Beetle and don't pay attention to what others
Say. There are haters everywhere and they are just jealous. If you wanted a Macho car to make up for shortcoming or lack of confidence perhaps you should have your friend give you a Ferrari for Christmas but be sure that they know your color preference first :rolleyes:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Red's a pretty manly color, IMO. My husband used to drive my blue NB around all the time. It wasn't baby blue, but it was still a lighter shade so not nearly as manly as red or black :p He enjoyed the car though, and that's what mattered. Plus, he was stuck and automatic for a good portion of the time I owned my car so he liked being able to drive a 5-speed again! Its all about what you like. If you like the car, that's what matters. Who cares what other people think? If they are going to call you names for what you drive, they're far more insecure than you are!

And Indy, black isn't always boring. I loooove the Black Magic Pearl color on my GTI. You should look at my pic thread for it. Its slick ;)

·
Registered
875 Posts
It's your beetle, not his. I'm on beetle #3, one of my brothers is on mustang #5, the other about thesame for trucks. Neither of theirs gets 42 mpg :)

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
..... Black is boring, attracts
Dirt like a magnet and technically isn't even a color.

Hey... Heeeeey there sporty. Eeeeeezzzzzeeee on the black beetles.:lol:

You know you LOVE black beetles Tom... there's no shame in that :lol:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hey... Heeeeey there sporty. Eeeeeezzzzzeeee on the black beetles.:lol:

You know you LOVE black beetles Tom... there's no shame in that :lol:

I am sure you love your Black Beetle's and if you keep them clean I am sure they sparkle in the sun :D
I had my share of black cars. And I wouldn't turn down a Black Beetle if someone gifted me one ;)
Just not my first choice in beetle colors :p

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
I am sure you love your Black Beetle's and if you keep them clean I am sure they sparkle in the sun :D
I had my share of black cars. And I wouldn't turn down a Black Beetle if someone gifted me one ;)
Just not my first choice in beetle colors :p
i gotcha my good man. You're right though, they look great but it takes some work. They're not for everybody thats for sure :)

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
Ignore the ignorant. I bought my daughter a light blue (aqua) beetle convertible for her 16th birthday. I am nearly 50 and have owned trucks, BMWs, Hondas, and yet I take her bug every chance I get - and despite the maintenance I love it. I am going to buy my own with my bonus next year! Enjoy your gift and welcome to the .org - where everybody knows your name and we hold no prejudices.;)

·
Owner of Puffy
144 Posts
Black does attract dirt like a magnet, if I want Puffy to stay clean I have to park near a car wash, I would love to have a red beetle, maybe if I am lucky my next NB will be red.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Black is hard to keep clean, but when it is clean, it certainly makes an impression. And after a good detail, its amazing. No other color looks quite like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the operative word in your post is "*******"...consider the source, then totally ignore it and wipe it from your memory! Congrats on your NB and having such a nice friend! Enjoy your Beetle.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Enjoy your nice new red Beetle!! Just ignore the jerks who feel that they need to make ignorant comments about your car. Maybe they are just jealous because your Beetle gets 30 mpg and their big, ugly 4x4s only get like 5 mpg!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts