VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! so i have a used 2000 new beetle . (i love it) but it only has one key . I had to change the batteries in the remote but now i dont think i can reprogram it. i've read a couple blogs that said it can be programmed by removing the lock cylinder and all but my car doesnt go into pairing mode.

has anyone tried programming with one key??

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Hey Guys! so i have a used 2000 new beetle . (i love it) but it only has one key . I had to change the batteries in the remote but now i dont think i can reprogram it. i've read a couple blogs that said it can be programmed by removing the lock cylinder and all but my car doesnt go into pairing mode.

Takes two people. But removing the cylinder, using the screw driver trick (door closed, one person sits in the drivers seat with the key in the ignition---other person outside turning the screw driver. Should work fine. The car won't know if your FOB is at the door lock, or sitting in your ignition cylinder.

We did ours this way. Just need the procedure done in the correct steps.

S-

·
5/23/10 <3
11,304 Posts
You can also find someone with VAG-COM/VCDS. That will program single keys like a charm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it working

HEY GUYS! So i got my remote to program . Turns out my "helper" put the batteries in the remote the wrong way which prevented the key from working. how silly. Thanks for the suggestions though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts