VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,591 Posts
What problems are you having, is the top working and are there, any trouble codes?

We have seen wiring harness issues, bad parts, etc; bring down the bus communication.

Any history on this car; changes or repairs made, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both front harnesses have been removed from doors & inspected, convenience module replaced, roof does not work. On the canbus wires I have a negative on both wires, will actually light a test lamp

·
Registered
18,591 Posts
In this code, they are mentioning the door modules and the comfort control module, bringing the bus down.

Good video; going over vw comm bus systems and how they work, diagnostics:

Based upon the video: can bus was implemented later and the 1998-2010 new beetle models, use the older k-line?

Looks like CAN bus, was implemented; on the last 2012+ Beetle models.

·
Registered
18,591 Posts
If you have vcds; you can check the bus communications bus status (up or down). Because a failed part or module can bring down the bus; you might try checking the bus status and unplug each module or part, recheck the bus status. This maybe a possibly effective, process of elimination; if, when, the bus comes back up, after something is disconnected, that maybe the offending part.

Common issues we have seen; that kills power/functionality, is bad parts, incorrect incompatible parts installed (typically used; junk yard parts) and broken wires, at the flex areas (from the body to the door; in a ribbed rubber sheath).

·
Registered
18,591 Posts

VW wiring diagrams, can be a bit confusing to read; redrawn simplified versions, can be viewed through AllData and the Mitchell1 service info online.

For free downloadable VW eRWin service manuals; you might check here:

Online manuals:

·
Registered
18,591 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts