NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come the latest news, reviews and features areas are locked for posting? can only certain people post to these areas? i am working on some links for my website and am trying to collect information on the new beetle; changes to model years, colors offered, specs, etc. and though i've found a few things on the old forums, it would be nice to move some of it over here. it seems like after 2003, news and official changes are kinda hard to find on the old forum.

why can't we post to these areas? i'd like to start building some data on the new forums about official changes to the new beetle, specs, etc.

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
callisto9 said:
how come the latest news, reviews and features areas are locked for posting? can only certain people post to these areas? i am working on some links for my website and am trying to collect information on the new beetle; changes to model years, colors offered, specs, etc. and though i've found a few things on the old forums, it would be nice to move some of it over here. it seems like after 2003, news and official changes are kinda hard to find on the old forum.

why can't we post to these areas? i'd like to start building some data on the new forums about official changes to the new beetle, specs, etc.
Yes, these areas are only for staff (moderators, administrators) to post to. They are official NewBeetle.org information outlets. Latest News contains factual VW news based on VW press releases or stories from cite-able, reputable news outlets. Reviews and Features will contain (and have continued in the past, on the old forums) product reviews and feautres written and/or edited by NewBeetle.org staff.

I also would like to expand these areas for more frequent posting (as you said, there is definitely a lack of info for a while there). But, I absolutely insist that anything that goes in Latest News be official, fact-based information that we have references for. It's very important that anything posted as "news" by accurate, or we could be sued for libel. This is the main reason why I control who can post there -- it's on my ass if something goes there that is inaccurate.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jcroft said:
This is the main reason why I control who can post there -- it's on my ass if something goes there that is inaccurate.
thanks for the information. much appreciated. i am doing some research about the history of the new beetle and am finding some years absent in the news area.

i didn't think we could say ass up in here. i can't even say write c-o-c-k-atiel. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
callisto9 said:
thanks for the information. much appreciated. i am doing some research about the history of the new beetle and am finding some years absent in the news area.

i didn't think we could say ass up in here. i can't even say write c-o-c-k-atiel. ;)
The rules are based on American network prime-time TV. You can say "ass" on TV, but not ****. :)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jcroft said:
The rules are based on American network prime-time TV. You can say "ass" on TV, but not ****. :)
i know, i'm just giving you crap. :) guess i should have picked a different pet to write about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts