NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have these wheels on our 2014 Beetle conv. I want to take the hub cap part off and run spokes but want to cover up the center area and lugs. I would even put chrome lugs if a center vw cap filled the center. View attachment 238694

Attachments

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
As you know, you are not using the stock caps; so, you will need to find or make/modify a pre-existing cap/part to work. You might go a shop, that sells tires/wheels and see if they have something that has a similar size. While, out of the capability of most of us; I have seen people, fabricate custom one off caps, on a lathe and come out with some really beautiful results. Of course, this assumes you have access to a lathe or are willing to pay a machinist to do this for you. Modifying a pre existing part; maybe more cost effective but as you know, you can pretty much do anything you want, if you are willing to spend the time/money to do so. Let us know, what you end up doing and what your results are! Be sure to post up some photos; so, others can learn from your experience and possibly, do something similar on their car with the same wheels. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I figure I have to fabricate or find something to fit. Just did not want to order anything not knowing. Going to a tire shop might be a good idea to see if they have a extra VW center whole cover.

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Most tire shops, have a "junk box" full of used caps and lug nuts. This could be a good way, to find something that fits and then, buy more of what works for you. Good luck and let us know, what you find out and decide to go with! Thanks! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts