NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See if anyone can relate to this....we were going to check out some cars to replace our Nissan Pickup which had been wrecked Dec 30, 2003. We knew we wanted a second Dub and thought we needed a 4 door car so we happened upon this jewel.:D

It had right at 80k miles, and the service had already been done. Since it was a VR6, 5sp, cloth interior, and had no rear headrests, they had a little trouble selling it. At the time, its book value was around $11k, and we were able to get it for $8,500.:clap: We added some tint:bigglasse , and off we went.

This past summer, we went over 100k miles.

At the time, I really wanted a TDI Bug, but the nice ones were out of our price range, we thought we needed a 4 door car, and the VR6 is smoooooth and schweeet. I do like driving it, but with fuel prices throught the roof, I really wish we'd have held out for a diesel. We'll be getting tires very soon as the Eagle LS tires the previous owner put on before trading are pure CRAP. Hopefully, we'll get some more pics of it this fall.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Is you Jetta black? I always thought is was a different color.

Here's to Double Dubness! :toast:

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Breez said:
Hawtness bump;)
:flirt: Thanks!
dnyed said:
Is you Jetta black? I always thought is was a different color.

Here's to Double Dubness! :toast:
Thanks Debbie! Since Aphid is a camera hog, we don't have too many pics of the Jetta, but it's the only one we've ever had.

After 2+ years and 24k miles, the Jetta is still running strong. It's a blast to drive, and at the 105k service interval, we're going to give it a good 'tune up' and get some preventative maintenance done. While I was gathering my thoughts, I came up with this:

The Good - VR6 power:cool:, manual gearbox, trunk room, split folding rear seat. Opening the roof and back windows creates a neat wind tunnel without air buffetting my ears.

The Bad - Tires...if someone tries to sell you Eagle LSs, RUN AWAY!! Previous owner put 'em on before he traded.:rolleyes: They don't do anything well, and are wearing out FAST. Passenger room...it has the same interior room as the Bug, and it's just not big enough for 4 full sized adults.

The Ugly - As cars get older, things break.:( The gas door quit locking around 90k miles, the key thing doesn't always work, and sometimes hitting 'LOCK' doesn't pull the door pins down, so the alarm is on, but the doors aren't locked. The dealer replaced the window regulators under warranty, but sometimes I think there's a Poltergeist in there.:D

I have to admit, there are times I've kicked around the idea of selling it for one reason or another, but since it's paid off, I'm seriously considering keeping it as a third vehicle when we get a truck of some kind in the future. We'll see.:)

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got some new pics...but read the signature.

No, we're not expecting kids of our own:D, but things are changing around us & we just need a vehicle with more room for people & stuff than the Jetta provides.

If we had the $$ and space, it would be a third car. I enjoy driving this car like crazy and really do hate to be selling it. Such is life.

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLD Saturday, Feb. 24, 2007.

It was a fun car, and I'm going to miss it, but we just need something with more room.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts