NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations on a quality car cover for a 2005 Beetle convertible. I need one that is waterproof as the car leaks and costs more to fix than we want to spend. Since this is my Wife's toy and not an everyday driver, we have decided to just put a good cover on it.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,092 Posts
I ordered one through VW, which is through Cover King for my '03 GTI. It also leaks so I got a waterproof one. It was a little over $200 but its custom so it fits well. I do find that if water sits on one spot for a long time, it can seep through, but the car has been bone dry even in the heaviest of rains we get here in the Southern US summers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered one through VW, which is through Cover King for my '03 GTI. It also leaks so I got a waterproof one. It was a little over $200 but its custom so it fits well. I do find that if water sits on one spot for a long time, it can seep through, but the car has been bone dry even in the heaviest of rains we get here in the Southern US summers.

Thanks very much for your reply. I am taking a look at Coverking now. Looks like their Autobody Armor cover would do what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered the Coverking Autobody Armor cover and have been using it since August. So far it has been great. The cover fit the car like a glove. We have not had any water in the car since keeping it covered with this cover. It is a little pricey but I guess you get what you pay for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts