NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was hoping someone can help me.
I have a problem with my 2001 1.9 diesel beetle. It is an intermittent problem. While driving along at any speed in any gear, the car suddenly lurches forward, almost like a something metal is momentarily clamping on the front axle, it feels a bit like the brake suddenly comes on then releases again a split second later. the engine light then comes on and it continues to drive fine, with the engine light on. it wont happen again. until the car has stopped, rested and then next time u drive the car it might happen again at anytime.
the problem could be quite dangerous because as the car jars forward like a nose dive, it is easy to lose control of the steering, but it only happens for a split second.
i have taken it to the garage, they plugged in the laptop, and they said they had sorted it, but it is still doing it. i was hoping someone might have some suggestions before i take it back to the garage and give them hell!
thanks for any responses.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,922 Posts
As I posted in your other thread, do you know what codes the garage pulled? Find out and post them up here. That would be very helpful for us to help you.

·
Beer BEer BEER beER
271 Posts
I think your doggie needs a new bone.
The CEL codes will help greatly.

Dogbone Mount (Transmission) (A4) - 1J0199851AA - IDParts.com

Dogbone Mount (Transmission) (A4)

OE Part Number: 1J0199851AA
Manufacturer's Part Number: 26610

This dogbone mount helps limit engine rocking when you apply power. It can soften with age and cause the clutch to chatter or the engine to make noise when applying and releasing the accelerator. Will fit both automatic and manual transmission cars with both ALH and BEW engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts