1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I have a 05 1.9 tdi 5 speed

I am having a intermediate stall happening,
It happened a couple days ago for the first time in low rpm in 2nd gear, today it happened 5 times on my 40 mile journey home from work. It will restart with starting fluid and run great until it just seems to die again.
Any ideas?

·
5/23/10 <3
10,933 Posts
How old is the fuel filter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got a outside suggestion that it could be a immobilizer issue.
The fob I have been using, did stop functioning properly recently. I’m going to give my second key fob that works correctly, a try.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,933 Posts
Do you get a light on the dash of a car with a key next to it? If not its not an immobilizer issue. And typically, if the immobilizer kicks in, it will shut the car down in seconds, not after driving.

Again, how old is your fuel filter? Do you have clear fuel lines? I would also avoid using starter fluid. Its not good to use on diesels.

·
Registered
405 Posts
X 2 on NOT using any starting fluid.

When you turn the key to glow the car can you hear the lift pump buzz from under the back seat?

As smiley asked, when was the fuel filter changed last?

If the car starts and runs it’s not the immobilizer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Here are some folks with similar issues. You have an 05 so the BEW engine is yours. 04-05-06 for the beetle and golf 04 and 05.5 for the Jetta. They all work the same.

Likely a fuel filter, but could be the lift pump, tandem pump, MAF, or crank sensor. Each of these is relatively easy to change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts