VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used car-part.com to find used parts? I'm looking for a set of Take 5's.

·
slow car fast
59 Posts
I have a couple times. The parts are rated A,B,C,D. 'A' was very clean. . . C was greasy, but didn't affect performance. It's my online junk yard of choice.

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Used it a few times to track down parts. Only 2 complaints about it would be directed at the yards and not the service:

Price Changes not reflected. In one case our Bronco II needed a drivers mirror. Local yard stated they had it for 15. Got there and they doubled the price to 30. I told them off. "Why am I going to shell out double the price for a used part when I can buy a new mirror for 20 bucks?" and then I walked out. Haven't been back sense.

Not having items in stock as listed: Same truck will need a motor soon. Another yard states they have 2 "a" grade in stock I called for the price, and the guy states he would need a 600 dollar deposit and two weeks to track it down via other yards. I asked him why the system shows they have two 'a' grade ones in their yard. All I got was silence.

So it's not the service, it's the yards you have to worry about.

Never underestimate the local U-Pull or Pick 'n pull yards. We recently scored a lot of good parts for our Beetle and it's pretty cost effective.

S-

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have used them many times which includes finding my Take 5 Rims. There is a set of Monte Carlo rims here in Dallas that look exactly the same except the inserts and I have those. I can help you look at them if you like. He has had them on Craigslist for some time so I bet he is flexible on the price.
VW RIMS 17" MONTECARLO EDITION

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My husband wants me to use plastidip on my current wheels instead of buying new ones. He is still upset that I sold my first beetle that had the take 5's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts