VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I've owned and loved my 01 turbo beetle for about a year... was love at first sight.the only prob I've had was the dreaded fuse box issue which after reading many threads and info, I DIYed my own little alternator harness.since then every things been fine. Till the other morning,after heavy rain (not sure if related) floordamp. Started car and immediately it shut off.. can hear the fuel pump. Starts strong,but just dies..checked fuses in side panel &under hood. Pulled back seat out,looked fine. Dont want to tow to shop.my husband thinks water got in gas,cuz that's what it sounds like..but I think that's impossible. Stumped, any suggestions? Is there a relay panel? Can't find, saw something about under dash?

·
His name is Poseidon
100 Posts
Which side of floor is damp? Could be sunroof drains are clogged on that side if sunroof equipped car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. .YAY! Fixed my problem tho. Saw the thread about disconnecting battery cable, tapping together and reconnecting. And w my hubby grumbling about how it wouldn't work. Eureka! Started up. .I knew it was immobilizer even went out and got new batteries for my key,which is another story;) along with the sunroof drain. But for now. Problem solve! Tytyty I'm so happy.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, glad you found a work around with a hard reset. If you continue to have an immobilizer issue; have your charging system checked. Many times; a low battery, can make the immobilizer go goofy. Aside, from that; you might get a VW specific scan tool, like the VAG401 on amazon and see what the trouble codes are. There can be a number of issues; that can make the immobilizer kick in and kill the engine. Keep your eye on things and if the problem comes back, let us know and we will go from there. Thanks! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts