VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stop to get gas, filled tank and when i went to leave Car turns over but will not start. OBD is showing1225, 1226, 1227, 1228 codes. According to my reader that is showing injectors are shorted to ground. What would cause that so quickly?
And what can i do to fix it.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
What year and model; is the new beetle in question?

01221 - Ross-Tech Wiki

01228 - Ross-Tech Wiki

P1225 - Volkswagen
Type Powertrain - Manufacturer Controlled DTC - Manufacturer Controlled
Description
Injector 1 - short to ground
Cause
Wiring short to ground, injector

P1226 - Volkswagen
Type Powertrain - Manufacturer Controlled DTC - Manufacturer Controlled
Description
Injector 2 - short to ground
Cause
Wiring short to ground, injector

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuel pump relay

Billymade, you were right about getting a OEM fuel pump relay. I picked one up at the dealer and installed it yesterday. Car started up right away. Bad news is it ran for one day and then this morning did the same thing. It turns over but will not start.... this time the OBD is not showing any fault codes. There is one thing I noticed. When I was installing the relay, the car was turned off and there was no key in the ignition and I heard the fuel pump prime as soon as I plugged in the relay. Is this normal????

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
That probably is normal; because you had the door open, when you replaced the relay. When the door is open: if the fuel pressure is not up to the normal level; the fuel pump will be activated and pump up to where it should be. I would start with basic troubleshooting; by checking the fuel pressure, see if it is in spec. Make sure; to test, the fuel pressure while the engine is running and the residual pressure, after 10 minutes (engine turned off).

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle GLS L4-2.0L (AVH) (2001) > Maintenance > Tune-up and Engine Performance Checks > Fuel Pressure > System Information > Specifications > Pressure, Vacuum and Temperature Specifications

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can only check residual pressure and it was fine. Changed fuel filter and crankshaft position sensor also. Do you think it could have anything to do with the ignition switch?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
We have had some people; that a failed ignition switch killed the ignition and caused, a no start condition. What is your fuel pressure at? Are you getting spark?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts