VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
VWKaferman
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Beetle is in the shop for hail repair. The shop owner kept my VW outside all weekend in an unsecured area. Some thugs threw a dark liquid on the front and wrote on it with a magic marker! I am bummed.

Attachments

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
thats terrible. im so sorry.

-jd

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
More like bad news for the body shop.

They are responsible for the repairs. Once you turn the keys over to the repair shop? They have to maintain reasonable care for your car while it's in their charge.

(Yeah, I've watched to much Judge Judy)

S-

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Two words here: Karma, baby!

Yes, the shop is responsible for your car, while they have possesion of it.

I hope it's all just cosmetic. Jerks! :mad:

·
VWKaferman
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beetle was trashed

Thank you all. Good news. My new parts, vents, and center dash came in today

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
So did the body shop agree to fix the damage at their expense?

·
VWKaferman
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now the windshield

The saga continues. They now have to replace the windshield. The thugs cracked it also. The shop is going to pay for it. This dent repair is approaching free for me.

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
At least the shop is being stand-up about it. Might be a good lesson learned, secure your customers cars at all times!!

S-

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
They sound like scheisters....Don't use them again! :mad:

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Hang on and don't panic yet.

Go to the body shop and document everything with more photos. Be polite and just ask when the car will be repaired from the damage while in their care. You'll still have to pay for the hail repair, but they should be willing to tend to everything.

Now if they flat out slam the door in your face? Then request your car back and find another body shop to give just the esti for the damage repair itself. You can't double dip and get the hail damage fixed free of charge, just the intentional damage due to their negligence. Once done? Send them a registered letter with the cost of repairs and give them the chance to pay up. If not? Off to small claims court you go, unless the damage is over the limit for your area.

Be polite and kind when dealing with them. Give them the chance to fix things..cause you know they have insurance of their own to cover this stuff.

S-

·
Beetle Owner
45 Posts
Sounds like things are working out for you. However if they continue giving you the run around I am sure Texas has a Dealer/Repairs part of DMV that maintains standards for automotive service.

Being in the automotive industry trust me that when those people get involved they really mean business. I luckily have never had to deal with them, but have made a few calls when I have seen downright crap work from other shops.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts