NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
VIS makes one. I got mine from E-Bay for about $285+ ship. Several of the tuner companys will have them. You can also do a google search for the hood and get a lot of hits.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i got one off of ebay too but i would not suggest getting one from there. the guy was going to rip me off but i was lucky enough to end up getting it eventually after a month.

·
Registered
98 Posts
NBTurboFreak said:
VIS makes one. I got mine from E-Bay for about $285+ ship. Several of the tuner companys will have them. You can also do a google search for the hood and get a lot of hits.
Did you have any trouble getting yours to sit right? mine has a little gap on one side

·
Still bugging
91 Posts
the gap

is the gap on the side where the gas shock lifter is on? if so you need to not use it because what its doing is putting upward pressure on the hood and thats probably why its not sitting flush. my friend had this issue on his e46 and we ended up disconnecting the hood lifts.

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
98s didn't have the gas shocks. 99+ has the gas shocks

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
I had no problem getting mine, it arrived about in about 2 weeks due to the size and that I was not in a rush to get it. The curve for the fenders is not perfect but unless you look close and know what to look for it looks great. Minor issues with mine, the holes to secure the gasket are about 2mm too big and only the holes for the hindge bolts are drilled. So no bump stops or washer nozzles are on it but it sits fine that the bump stops I am not worried about, and I am not missing the nozzles as I love the little product called Rain-X.
Personal note, I never expect anything aftermarket to fit correctly without modification anyways cause they never do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i got my washer nozzles put on the underside of the hood instead of running throught it and it worked out quite nicely. i have to have them for the winter because salt gets splashed on the windshield. i know it isnt going to fit perfectly, but i just want it to look as good as possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts