VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buyer be aware that i purchased the after market GSP brand CV AXLES SHAFTS about 3 weeks ago and they were terribly assembled. The right side's cv axle back end came apart as i was trying to install and the bearing pop out completely dry, no grease at all and it was missing the circlip that holds the bearing inside. The right side CV axles was also missing hardware and so i didn't even bother to install that one on the car. That's almost for cause to filing a lawsuit against somebody if i had been driving down the road and that axle come off and damage my tranny or oil pan or tear up my engine or even cause and accident that might have kill someone or myself. Glad i found that problem before it got ugly. Just be cautious as to what after market parts you put on your beetles.

·
Registered
18,570 Posts
We have been seeing exploding aftermarket cv joints and axles lately; these are typically Chinese sourced cheap knockoffs.

OEM GKN/Genuine VW are proven quality axles; GKN sells rebuilt axles under their Loebro and Spidan lines. Raxles, is another solid and proven option as well.

If open to rebuilding; you might check the cost effectiveness of replacing the cv joints on your original axle. GKN typically sells the outer end sometimes the inner joints, boots, grease and hardware.

VW sells the same GKN CV joint replacement parts, for much higher price but some are now coming up “NLA”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have used Raxles, Their down in Florida and have fast shipping. You get a refund on your deposit very quickly. EXCELLENT Axles. 1 set on my son's Passat Wagon and another set on my wife's New Beetle Convertible, 35-40K miles with no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts