VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my tape deck monsoon radio with a monsoon cd player. Everything worked fine. I didn't even have to put in any codes or anything. But now my battery is dying every other day. I just realized that my cd player is staying on constantly, even with the keys out and the car locked. Any ideas on what to do? I pulled the fuse for the radio so it wasn't staying on constantly and haven't jumped my car again yet to see if that helps the issue or not. Does anyone know what I can do to make it work properly and go off? I've been searching forums for a few days to try to pinpoint something. I read a lot about the amps draining the battery, but would that have anything to do with the cd player staying on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently replaced my tape deck monsoon radio with a monsoon cd player. Everything worked fine. I didn't even have to put in any codes or anything. But now my battery is dying every other day. I just realized that my cd player is staying on constantly, even with the keys out and the car locked. Any ideas on what to do? I pulled the fuse for the radio so it wasn't staying on constantly and haven't jumped my car again yet to see if that helps the issue or not. Does anyone know what I can do to make it work properly and go off? I've been searching forums for a few days to try to pinpoint something. I read a lot about the amps draining the battery, but would that have anything to do with the cd player staying on?
So far removing the fuse, I haven't had to jump start my car. Any one have any ideas to fix the problem??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts