NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fiances 98 beetle had been sitting for about a week or so. prior to sitting it didnt have the cel. we went to start it up for a drive and i popped the hood, added washer fluid, closed the hood and then she started it. the cel came on. i got it checked out today at autozone and the code was 411 secondary air pump flow insufficient. i saw in another thread that the vacuum lines should be replaced. is there a diagram that shows which lines and how much of what size should be replaced. what other things should i look for? also when you reset the computer how long should you leave the battery disconnected for?

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
I dont thimk it will reset the cel snce its related to emmisions....but maybe I am wrong.

Check the 2 pics below (well ) for the bad hoses on the 1.8 turbo but on your 2.0 they must be quite similar.

JUST check the hoses from the secondary air pump going to the cup cake (the silver round thingy) and check the conections (SEE THE YELOW ARROW?) thats it....

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info, ill check it out this weekend hopefully. to reset the code can i pull that battery or does it need to be reset by a scanner.

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
racer12306 said:
thanks for the info, ill check it out this weekend hopefully. to reset the code can i pull that battery or does it need to be reset by a scanner.
either way...i went to autozone made them scan the car and just hit the big delete button when they weren't looking LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts