NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dont know what else to do..... I have had my codes for my CEL ran and it came up saying that it was running lean and that it was the downstream o2 sensor. I bought a cheapy from Amazon, disconnected my battery for about 30 mins, re-connected it and drove for a while.. seemed to be better than before.. then surprise! it comes back on (note: I started the car several times and drove about 200 miles)... I figured that maybe it was cuz I bought a cheap o2 sensor... I took the o2 sensor that I got from Amazon off and sent it back saying it was no good, went to BAP Import Auto Parts and got an NGT o2 sensor. Drove for a couple days started it several times and drove it another couple hundred miles and it comes back on.. Could this be caused from it not being an OEM part? This is the only code left coming up on my system.. Before I was throwing codes like crazy and this is the last one.

Over the last 8 months I have replaced:
Battery
MAF
All Vacuum hoses
Tensioner
Serpentine Belt
A/C Compressor
Spark Plugs
All air intake and air pump hoses, tubes and plastics
and several other things.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,997 Posts
What is the specific code that is being thrown?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resolved

Sorry it tok so long to get back on. I put on a Bosch sensor and I have had no problems with the CEL since.. Ive driven over 1000 miles since I changed it and nothing! Thank god! I would recommend to anyone with this problem just fork out the cash and get a OEM sensor or a Bosch because if you go a non-OEM you will just have to swap it out for an OEM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts