VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 (2.0L) Beetle has stopped blowing air out of the vents on the console. The foot vents and the defrost vents work perfectly fine, as does the heat and the A/C. When I turn the switch over to the console vents air just continues to blow out of the foot vents. (Switch works fine between defrost and foot vents).

If I close all but one of the console vents, I can get a bit of air blowing out of the one left open. (It doesn't matter which one I leave open the result is the same for all four vents).

I don't have a Volkswagen dealership where I live, (the closest is 1,700 km away) so taking it in isn't really an option for me.

If anyone has had this issue before or knows what could be causing it any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2000 (2.0L) Beetle has stopped blowing air out of the vents on the console. The foot vents and the defrost vents work perfectly fine, as does the heat and the A/C. When I turn the switch over to the console vents air just continues to blow out of the foot vents. (Switch works fine between defrost and foot vents).

If I close all but one of the console vents, I can get a bit of air blowing out of the one left open. (It doesn't matter which one I leave open the result is the same for all four vents).

I don't have a Volkswagen dealership where I live, (the closest is 1,700 km away) so taking it in isn't really an option for me.

If anyone has had this issue before or knows what could be causing it any help is greatly appreciated.
Quick question: Does it blow like it should when the fan is set to 'high'? If so I would suspect the blower motor's resistor pack has burned out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
fuse

fuse 5 controls the servo motor inside the console dash or the switch selector. Or the cable could have come off or the plastic broke like D2beetle specify it's a common failure I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts