NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have a 2004 NBC. Am removing the trim pieces on the dash (around speed o meter, either side of hnd grip, bud vase holder and other side, also dash where the radio and vents are) I got it all off except the center that is conected to the radio and vent. Help. How do i get it off. I have removed bottom where the seat heater and rear defrog buttons are. And the big center piece closest to the windshield. Just the big ceter piece wont come off.

Please let me know if you can help or maybe point me where i need to go.

Thank you
Debbie

P.S. I intend to paint all these pieces my car color. Aquarius Blue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If i'm thinking of the piece your talking about that surrounds the radio. You will need to remove the radio to get that panel off.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
The center panel by the windshield slides forward (it's a tough job, don't scratch it! ;)). There are two screws that hold it in up there, and two behind the radio. Plus the four or so by the seat heater switches, and all of the screws are T-20 Torx.

You will need the special radio removal tools (www.enfig.com) to continue, and remove the bud vase and right grab handle trim as afforementioned. It takes a little bit of effort to actually get it off, but it's doable if you take your time. :)

-Des

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
Tried to put in link here but would not come up

go to old forums and click on search - put in center dash removal-when threads appear click on new beetle dash removal by red rider-in this thread gator beetle gives two very good links.

the first link helped me to remove my dash

as mentioned you must have a pair of radio keys to remove radio. Got my keys off of ebay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts