NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, when I bought my bug, I notice that the hinge of the console was change by the previews owner and planing on changing it as soon as possible because it looks ugly and looks like an inverted door haha..was lucky I found a shop that has ths :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
That's because they break so friggin' easy! Nice find! Git 'er done!

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
I guess there are "redneck mechanics" no matter what continent you are on. :crazy: (No offense meant to anyone by that statement). Got a little red on my own neck ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi

Hi Guys! sorry if I post this topic wrongly :) its just my second post on this site :) anyway, I am working on painting my door handle bar..I will post pic this weekend :)

Here is the pic of the lid I replace. I am confuse why this lid don't have any signs of broken hinge and no lock be found. Is this self made lid?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Hi Guys! sorry if I post this topic wrongly :) its just my second post on this site :) anyway, I am working on painting my door handle bar..I will post pic this weekend :)

Here is the pic of the lid I replace. I am confuse why this lid don't have any signs of broken hinge and no lock be found. Is this self made lid?
There should be a black plastic flap, the same length as the top piece. You have the top piece. The plastic part clips onto the top piece from underneath and on the other end is the hinge :)

You can just make out the plastic flap on the bottom right on my center console.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi

ah ok :) thats why, maybe the previous owner took that off and just use the upper part of the lid. Are this your piece being painted? :) i love the color :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts