VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, wondering if anyone has had any experience with this. My 2005 has suddenly stopped opening! It was fine this morning. I went to get in it before and the central locking does it usually stuff, but neither the drivers door or passengers will open. My housemate climbed in through the boot (which still opens normally) but the car still doesn't open even from the inside. I tried the re synchronisation of the fob as mentioned in the manual. Tried the second key too but nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
So, what exactly doesn't work?:

1. key fob: lock, unlock, nothing at all?
2. switches inside the car: locking/unlocking, windows, etc
3. exterior door with physical key

Here are some troubleshooting steps for the key fob:

http://www.fixmyvw.com/vw-key-fob-programming-guide/

Do you have a VW specific scan tool? Have you scanned the car for trouble codes?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, what exactly doesn't work?:

1. key fob: lock, unlock, nothing at all?
2. switches inside the car: locking/unlocking, windows, etc
3. exterior door with physical key

Here are some troubleshooting steps for the key fob:

VW Key FOB Programming Guide and Secrets, Troubleshooting and Repair

Do you have a VW specific scan tool? Have you scanned the car for trouble codes?
The unlock/lock happens, the little switches go up and down, the alarm comes on when locked etc. The key will turn in the lock, but when you pull the handle nothing happens. The same inside, the handle is pulled but the door won't open. Not tried the windows as had to leave the car at home and get a lift.

I don't have a scan tool. It's still under warranty so i guess i'll have to take it back a second time (had a similar problem with the boot recently). Is there another way of resetting the central locking at all?

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
The car is a 2005 and it's under warranty? If that is the case; take it to the shop and get it fixed?

As for resetting the module; can do a "hard reset"; remove the pos/beg
Battery terminals, touch them together for 30 seconds and reinstall them. It sounds to me; you may have a mechanical problem, rather than a electrical issue but it's worth a try.

If you want to understand how things work or want to tackle it yourself, check out this thread:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...iy.html#/forumsite/20963/topics/109049?page=1

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts