NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I got tagged last Saturday by 02SilverSport who had parked behind me at the local grocery store (nice car!), so I checked out the site and joined. Anyway, here’s my NB story (short version) ... my first car was a 1960 Beetle (36hp) and my second car was a 1966 Beetle (40hp). I’ve been through many, many cars since then but never another VW until this past March 1 when I bought a 1999 New Beetle 2.0 GLS 5 speed. The cyber green machine had 94k and was in need of some love (lots of little things wrong with it but it runs great).

Finally, after many, many years I’m back in a Beetle and loving it. The best part is that when I drive it in L.O.L. mode (LOL = Little Old Lady - no disrespect intended), I get 30+ mpg combined. But it’s hard to drive it that way ‘cause I keep looking for fast, curvy roads to gear through ... it’s a quandry.

I haven’t named the car yet, still trying to figure out if it’s a he or a she and what his/her personality is. I like “Fang” but my eldest sister suggested “Butter bean.” Ugh, not in this life.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the family. Don't forget to post pics. We love pics. Your tagger will be on shortly to greet ya. ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1369190150.559319.jpg

Welcome to the site and I'm glad to know who it was I tagged. We'll have to grab coffee and exchange car memories. You've got a great looking CyberGreen NB. And yes Butter bean isn't quite fitting.

Again Welcome!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Woooo Hoooo!
WELCOME to the family!!
I know some REALLY curvy roads :D
TAIL OF THE DRAGON T.O.D. 6

Glad we found you AND YOU found US :)

:wave3:

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Butter bean is awesome!!!
Guess I'm kinda partial to the name. There was a fighter by that name in the early days of MMA/TapOut boxing...kinda liked the.dude.

Anyhoo, the name will come to ya...guess.it won't be butter bean though:lol:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, I'm going with "green-go" aka ******. It fits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's exactely how my beetle is, lots of little things wrong but runs great. Id love to see pictures of your bug, cyber green is an awesome color! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts