VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sophiebug
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my low beam headlight on drivers side is not working, so I was going to change it..watch some videos on how to do it, but the latch release thing is hard to get at does someone know of a helpful way to be able to get at it easier?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Here is a pretty good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALcVKiHmn9Q

He talks about working the lever and pulling on the front of the assembly to free it. That is the key. The lever needs to move up as the headlight assembly moves forward at the same time. You may need to go back and forth a bit: the lever up a little, the headlight forward a little and so forth until it is free.

I don't think the early Beetles had that wire latch mechanism that he releases first. The checkered button needs to be pressed in a little to allow the lever to start moving. It is delicate, though, so don't press to hard on it. Once the lever starts moving you don't need to press on it any more.

·
Sophiebug
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, It is very hard to pull up on the lever do to no room, that is my problem..just thought maybe someone could tell me if there is a special tricky way to do it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts