NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
bjsbeetle01
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone please tell me about how long does it take to change the neutral safety switch and shift solenoid on a 2001
vw beetle gls 2.0 gas :confused:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Not sure I have the answer either way, but if you could tell us if you have a 4 speed or 6 speed automatic this might be helpful?

Also 4 speeds seem to have issues with the in transmission wiring hardness, likely the connectors get loose?

Also you may be able to find a Labor Time Guide online that will give you an idea what the book rate is for this part replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
neutral safety switch replacement and location

just did the job it requires removing the airbox then removing the harness and 1-10 mm bolt it took me probably 2 hours not knowing what i was doing . I could probably do it in 45 min now. https://youtu.be/Kn-m6-9rHgU i posted a video as too its location here is the link. I spilled brake fluid on the connector that goes to the switch ( yes the switch is almost directly below the brake fluid tank on back of tranny.)that was enough to cause a shift deny from park to drive then the check eng light with the Transmission Range Sensor Malfunction code. tried cleaning but ended up replacing. the car had set for 6 months so it did not take much to cause a problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts