VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been on the lookout for either new headlights or if unavailable, just getting new bulbs.

My lenses were yellowing so I have sanded them down and applied new protectant to them. They are looking mush better, but the bulbs are very yellow (especially coming from my other brand new car with HIDs)

It seems all the aftermarket Halo and HID light fixtures are for the regular Beetles, and mine if the hallowed Turbo S.

I have read that they take a H1 bulb, and so I have been thinking to get a white halogen bulb as a quick and cheap solution.

I want to confirm that I just need 1 pair for them. And it that will cover everything? or do I need to be getting a few bulbs for different places (Full Beam, Fog, Side lights)?

·
Gustav
349 Posts
You will need a total of 6, H1 bulbs.
You need H1 bulbs for the high and low beam on each head light as well as one for each driving light.
I use Sylvania zxe H1 bulbs in my Turbo S they are nice and bright with a clean white color. I have heard some people say they don't last long but I have had mine for going on 2 years now. I put them in when I installed my new headlights.

BTW don't ass up tour Turbo S with cheese after market Halo lights, stock headlights look great and with a euro-switch you can run just your parking lights and fogs with your headlights off!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts