NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
those are both seriously really cheap setups. it depends on what music you'll be listening to primarily that i would cast my decision on those two choices.

if you listen to mostly rock and fast music, the visonik will be better as the sealed box will give you better fast and punchy bass. but the box looks way too small to rattle your teeth even though it is a larger speaker.

if you play more deep bass like techno and rap, go for the 10 in the bigger ported box. it would be better for that. I really don't like the amp built into the box, but for that price, I guess you can't complain.

I am a huge fan of a nicely tuned ported box. I currently have a pre-built powerbass 10" ported box in my cabrio running off one of my old amps, and it fits the car perfectly. I also have bigger more elaborate setups in my audi's, but they're no comparison.

I'm also a big fan of sonic electronix... they usually have the best prices around.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I really know nothing about either box but I think the FLI model looks like it would sit nicely with its woofer toward the back seat and make for a generally better fit verses the visonik box. The FLI just looks well built IMO plus its $30 cheaper

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have never heard the other two, but I use this in my 2001 GLS
. I have had it a couple years and move it between my 84 GTI and the Beetle. It sounds great and is plenty of bass for a car of that size. Here is a link of where I bought it from FRYS.com*|*Dual .Good luck. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I currently run a Sound Ordnance 500w mono amp with a Kenwood 12" sub in a ported box. That part of my sound was less than $200 and it thumps my 2001 GL.

·
Registered
307 Posts
if you want to stay cheap and don't mind used keep an eye on cl. high school and college kids are always looking to get $$$ quick for something and are selling parts of their setups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts