VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 98 beetle that we use as a company car for running around doing tech service. I bought this car because it was CHEAP and my mechanic got it from a customer and said it was always well maintained.

Well, I am trying to make it look a little better on the cheap. I don't want to put $5000 into a $2000 car. So far I have had it painted flat black primer. (actually looks pretty damn good) I striped the wheels of all paint and sanded out big gouges. (Will plasti dip or paint them black) Not sure.

The car runs great, has great AC etc. but the door panels are horrible. As in completely falling off and apart.

I would like to find a cheap replacement option. The OEM route is too expensive. I am not opposed to making something from aluminum or wood even.

Are there any cheap but functional aftermarket door panels out there, I saw mention that there are fiberglass ones but I could not find them.

Has anyone got creative and make their own? Again I do not need show card quality.

Next step will be new headliner (I'll pay a pro looks like way too much work" Tinted Windows and Vinyl LOGO stickers on each door.

BTW the drivers side door panel is beyond refurbishing. Pieces started breaking apart when I removed it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
not sure where your located but places like pick an pull always has beetles coming in...you can grab some better door panels (and other parts)on the cheap

1 - 2 of 2 Posts