NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So around a year ago, the window regulator failed in my beetle, and finally got around to replacing it, but the already busted up door panel decided enough was enough and fell apart as I was trying to put it back on. Now I am on the hunt for a new door panel, and everywhere I seem to look lists these for absolutely ridiculous prices ($300-$600!)
I'm aware salvage yards are a thing, but none near me have a Salsa Red on Tan combo. I've also seen that the dealer sells the panel without the colored top piece, which suggests I only need to find a beetle with a tan interior, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to remove the top part of it non destructively, let alone reinstall it.
Was just wondering if anyone knows some sort of website that sells these things.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Door panels are typically repairable; you might post up some photos and that way we can see the damage. Once we see the damage; we can discuss repair strategies and you can get some ideas. Many here, ended up repairing ours; as used ones are expensive and good ones are hard to find at local junk yards. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts