NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
what are you looking to spend? Kmart has a pre-lit tree on sale for 174 dollars. For all i know it's 2 feet tall though lol...didnt say how big it was on the commercial

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I bought a Xmas tree a couple years ago (yep, the ex stole that as well). It was a prelit job with a stand and i think it was about $130 or so. I got that one at either Michael's or AC Moore, Michael's i think. Check the sales circulars. That was how i found it.

I say skip the tree altogether. I can't stand Xmas.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This won't help you out this year, but what I did was went to Walmart on Dec. 26 and bought a tree half-off. I got a 7ft pre-lit tree for 60 bucks.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
If you can stand to wait until after this holiday season...

I wanted a new one last year, pre-lit, but didn't want to pay what they were asking. I saw what I wanted at Sam's; it was $324 before Christmas. As the holiday approached, they began marking them down, but I still hesitated. Couldn't resist, though, when in January they had two left and they were selling them for $75 bucks. I got a 12-foot, pre-lit tree for $75-- that's a great deal!

Lowe's and Home Depot also have good smaller trees. If we put a real one in my house, we'd all end up in the hospital- we're deathly allergic to the real thing.

Good luck finding your tree!:)

·
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Focus twice, shoot once
634 Posts
Unless you are allergic, get a real one.

If I am gonna decorate the rest of my house and outside, rearrange my living room so it can go by the window and spend the time decorating it, I want it to smell like a dang tree. Aint nuttin' like the real thing. If it had cats in it, that would be a problem.

But WalMart and the like will be your best price.
Happy hunting, G

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Reasons not to get a real tree....

1) Cleaning up after them is a bitch.

2) Fire hazard.

3) Keeping them watered is a pain in the butt.

4) It's not legal in Strongsville to have a live tree if you live in a dwelling with more than 1 family... i.e. duplex's, apartment buildings, condo complex's etc.

5) They are exspensive to buy every single year and then throw out.

6) Pre-Lit is soooo much easier and still looks pretty.

7) Enviromental reasons.... here they go into landfills. :mad:

8) People are allergic to them.

9) It be damn cold outside... brrrrrrrrr

10) Scratching the hell out of your paint putting a live tree in your car sux.

11) Trying to get all those pine needles out of your carpet for the next year... ya that sux too. :lol:

Reasons to get a live tree.

1) They smell fantastic.

2) Cutting them down makes for fun childhood memories.

3) Nothing looks better.

·
18,312 Posts
The tree I saw on sale at KMart is a 7 1/2 foot pre lit tree for 179...not bad.

·
18,312 Posts
FineExampl said:
I will not be rocking a tree this year...i think. If i do? I'm going geurilla style and cutting one out of someone's yard. :D

Or i'll just get a big freakin wreath and hang it up...less cleanup. ;)
My tree is already up! Wasn't my choice. :rolleyes:
I was worried that the puppy was gonna go nuts and try and drag it around the apartment but so far he's been good. He hasn't touched it...nor the nativity set underneath (big surprise!) he just likes to fall asleep underneath it when the lights are on. He's so cute! :kiss:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts