NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Im having an issue with a 03 beetle with the 2.0. There has been numerous codes including a p2181 in which the main fan was not working and have since replaced and have not seen the issue reoccur.

The problem im having now is it has an intermident p 304 (misfire #4). I have replaced the plugs and wires due to a previous mechanic installing a cheaper set and they were all arching against the head. This code only seems to set while your driving around 70mph and tach around 3500 or so, basically under load conditions. The light will flash and when you come to a stop it has what feels like a dead skip. Whats weird is if you pull over and turn the vehicle off and restart it, it runs perfect again but obviously the light now remains on. I have driven approx. 70 miles since the occurence and could not duplicate the problem. I ohmed the injector on #4 and it has the same values as the others. I took out the coil pack ( which is one piece) and it seems fine.
Anyone else have a similar issue? Im thinking to replace the coil pack but would like to know for sure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts