NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. New here and wondering if here is somebody how can look at some logs I've made from the 1.8T. I'm getting sometimes a 17705 code but no CEL. Every help is welkom!!

·
5/23/10 <3
10,914 Posts
If you have logs, feel free to post on up. And its perfectly normal to have codes without the CEL. Lots of codes can be thrown without triggering that.

Info on the 17705 code:

17705/P1297/004759 - Ross-Tech Wiki
17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
Possible Symptoms

Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
Power Loss

Possible Causes

Leaking Hoses and/or Pipes between Components
Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249) faulty
Diverter Valve faulty
Throttle Body dirty

Possible Solutions

Check Hoses and Pipes between Components
Check / Replace Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
Check / Replace Diverter Valve
Check / Clean Throttle Body
Perform Throttle Body Alignment

·
He who walks on Ice!
106 Posts
When I had this code pop up, it was a vacuum hose!!! Yeah, a simple connection like that. lol...but, the most common problem is the diverter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already changed the DV for a Forge08. What channels should I log for searching this code? How can I check the N249 valve? Greatings from Holland.

Stuart

·
5/23/10 <3
10,914 Posts
I'd start by checking your hoses and making sure you don't have any leaks. Not sure you really need to log anything at this point.

·
He who walks on Ice!
106 Posts
Don't do a log just yet, do a run through. Since we know that it's a turbo...any air parameters outside of stock will throw this code. Look at all connections (any pressure hose). After you do that, then it's time to dive into the sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts