NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Because I'm such a VW geek, and because I had loads of time to spare today, I thought I'd swing by the local VW dealership to see the new Beetle and Passat they just got in stock. And let me tell you, it was seriously awesome!

First off, whilst I was pulling in, somebody was test-driving the new Beetle with a salesman right in front of me in the lot and we all exchanged waves. :)

Fun fact: apparently the dealership here got one 2012 Beetle Saturday morning, and within 4 hours it was sold. It's a red 2.5L and from when I heard it on, it sounded seriously smooth. I just hung out in the showroom with the employees there for a while (since they didn't have much to do) and watched another employee pull the Beetle into the showroom :) I was allowed to plop down on the driver's seat inside it too, lol.

Now the Passat! They had only one of these too, a black TDI SEL (which is what seems to be the norm out there as of now). I also got to sit inside it, both the driver's seat and one of the back seats, and it was beyond comfortable. The quality of the interior materials was actually a lot higher than I expected it to be, the dash was this sort of soft foamy leathery stuff. The only thing that really bamboozled me was how small the instrument panel was... smaller than my Jetta methinks :confused:

And I made sure to listen to the sounds the Passat's doors made when I shut them!!! They have a lovely Germanic whoosh with no clunkiness. ;)

Anyway, I think I'm finished dishing out what I've got, lol. They had one heck of a time with me today, I'm sure :p

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Where are the pics! :eek:

·
Registered
245 Posts
A yellow one showed up at the Tulsa VW Show Sat. A guy just bought it and stopped by to show it off. I liked the front and the interior but the back end looked kind of odd. I have pics but have to find my camara:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa, very nice!!! I feel like I have this weird memory of one of the sales guys saying something about OK, but I'm not sure what it could've been. I could be imagining things, lol.

I'm eager to see these snapshots ;) I'd have to agree with you, I for one LOVE how the VW emblem is one big metal chunk instead of sort of decal-looking. And the rest of the front looks awesome. The back (the hatch especially) looked kind of stretched and strange to me, but it's probably because it's such a change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts