• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

We are trying to plan a GTG to visit the Chicago Auto Show and want to find out who wants to come out and meet some fellow Orgers ;)
The First Weekend of the Show is on February 11 Saturday and
February 12 Sunday. The second and last weekend of the show is February 18 Saturday with the very last day being February 19 Sunday.
Which weekend would be best for each of you?

I can make it either weekend so I will go by the majority rule.

Hope to see many of you there. :party:

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I chose Saturday because I work the graveyard shift. In other words, my "Monday" begins at 11:30 PM on Sunday, and Chicago to Eau Claire is about a six-hour drive. I'd rather take it easy by leaving Friday afternoon, doing a motel somewhere in Illinois (because all Wisconsin motels are nonsmoking.....:mad:), go to the show Saturday, and then drive back to Eau Claire, Wi earlier Sunday, so I have time to relax before work. Then again, I could probably shift my requested days off to Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, but I'd have to know in the next couple of days.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
voted, 1st Saturday

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I voted for the second Saturday just because I'll have my son that weekend and he would like to go. Either way it doesn't matter to me. :D
Could you ask your EX to see if you can get your son one weekend earlier? I am sure she probably woulnd't mind. If not you can always go twice. Once with the Orgers clan and the next weekend with your son ;)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because it looks like Sat the 11th is the clear winner and I have to request vacation 30 days ahead of time, I've already done so. If for some reason the rest of you guys decide on a different time, I'll still be there Saturday. On the other hand, if Saturday the 11th is a go, I'll meet some orgers!;)
Cool, lets all meet at the Beer Tent next to the Volkswagen and Audi exhibition. :D

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Pushing50-> No worries on the tattoo comment. I am not one to get worked up over much of anything. :lol:

Sounds like a great meeting spot to me Tom! :toast: Actually, if anything, a good meeting spot would be more like a McDonald's nearby. There is one here. MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

My Data Center in my building was supposed to move this weekend starting Thursday. Guess what, it got pushed back again until February 9th and might go through the weekend. :mad: I might end up having to work on that Saturday. :mad:

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
That is unacceptable Joel.....tell them you need this time off to maintain your sanity:)

While we are there can we protest the Hyundai Elantra winning car of the year...

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is unacceptable Joel.....tell them you need this time off to maintain your sanity:)

While we are there can we protest the Hyundai Elantra winning car of the year...
Who voted the Hyundai Elantra car of the year? Econobox Monthly? :D

I vote for the Koenigsegg ;)

Hmm, Should I buy one of those or 65 2012 Turbo Beetle's. Tough decission. :D One I don't think I need to make anytime soon unless I win 1,7 Mil in the Lottery tomorrow ;)

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Who voted the Hyundai Elantra car of the year? Econobox Monthly? :D

I vote for the Koenigsegg ;)

Hmm, Should I buy one of those or 65 2012 Turbo Beetle's. Tough decission. :D One I don't think I need to make anytime soon unless I win 1,7 Mil in the Lottery tomorrow ;)
I vote 65 turbo beetles....then you could give them out to your friends;)

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
The auto show needs to get here right MEOW. I was just on the CAS website AGAIN and it just keeps making me more impatient. in other news, I have a new job working at Generac in whitewater, WI. I will be somewhere on the assembly line for the home stand-by units untill my 90 day probationary period is up and I can hopefully transfer to a cooler unit.

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Hey Joel, think you can plan a route for the people who would like to meet up at your place and then go to the show...preferably one with no or the bare minimum tolls. If you would like to travel to with us, you other wisconsin folks are more than welcome to meet at my/casey's place and then caravan down to Joels. more details shall be avaiable as the show gets closer.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Joel, think you can plan a route for the people who would like to meet up at your place and then go to the show...preferably one with no or the bare minimum tolls. If you would like to travel to with us, you other wisconsin folks are more than welcome to meet at my/casey's place and then caravan down to Joels. more details shall be avaiable as the show gets closer.
Yeah, let's all meet up at Joel's place and Car Pool in his Beetle. How many Orgers can fit in one Beetle :D

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Congrats on the new gig Scott! :clap:

Unfortunately there isn't a good way to go without hitting the tolls. On top of it, they almost doubled after the first of the year. :eek: I spend $18 a week in tolls alone! :mad:

I won't know if I'm going to be working on that first Saturday until we get much closer. There is still at least an hours drive from my house to the show. My door is open to anyone that wants or needs to stay. :D

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
so now we have to pay even more to travel on these sub-par roads....HOORAY........not. myself and casey may take you up on staying on saturday night.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts