VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got 15-year-old New Beetle today... a 2006 with a sunroof, AT, heated seats, new tires, and shocks. It has a few little flaws, but with only 57,000 miles it hopefully won't have any major issues.

I'm almost 72 and my little brother (he's eight years younger than me) says I need to stop buying "chick cars" (I've owned three Miatas, an 84 Rabbit GTI, and 2013 Mini Cooper S, among other things, so I don't understand him). My three sons probably feel the same way as my brother. But my seven granddaughters will probably ask me to leave it to one of them in my will.

And my sweet wife of 53+ years really likes it...

Back in the late 60s we enjoyed a terrific nearly-new '67 Bug. It's hard to tell from this old photo but it had a dark blue exterior and grey interior, too. Loved that car...

·
Registered
5 Posts
drive what you enjoy to drive, i have a 2001 beetle in same colour and miles as yours and i dont see it as a chick car. i can understand why they see some of the vehicles (Golf GTI, or the terrible US name Rabbit, is excluded as its a typical boy racer car here in europe) are seen as a womans car. the subtle and soft curves of the NB and cooper S do tend to give off feminine vibes as cars described as men cars such as camaros and mustangs are less rounded and have more edges. thats why the 2012+ beetle has more sharp styling, to try and win back some men (70% of first time buyers of the NB were women)

Miatas here however, especially the NA with pop up headlights i only ever see men drivig. its become a really popular modern classic here for men.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts