NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what everyone thought of this situation.
I'm kind of on the fence. I think it's silly to remove a kid from his home just because of the name his parents gave him but in the same token, his name and the names of his sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie, named after Schutzstaffel, Heinrich Himmler, I think, are indicative of the kind of people his parents are and people like that shouldn't procreate.
And reportedly, the father denies the Holocaust and their home is decorated with swastikas. :rolleyes:
These were the same people who were pissed because Shop Rite wouldn't write Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler on a cake for them.

A New Jersey mom who gave her three children Nazi-friendly names says she lost custody of the kids because a neighbor wrongly accused her and her husband of abuse.

Child welfare officials seized the children on Jan. 9 after the neighbor phoned in the claim, Deborah Campbell told the The Express Times paper in nearby Easton, Pa.

"My husband and I would never abuse our children," she told the paper for Wednesday's edition. "I just want my children back."

Officials at the State Department of Youth and Family Services won't say why they removed Adolf Hitler, 3; JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, 1; and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, an infant, from the house.

The mom was told by a family court judge not to talk about the case, but she says she's violating that order in hopes of gaining public support.

"I'm begging people to stand behind us and for an attorney to come forward," she said.

Deborah Campbell says her husband, Heath, was hospitalized because of stress from the dispute. He was released Monday.

A postponed court hearing hasn't been rescheduled because the family is seeking a lawyer.

The bizarre names came to public attention after a local store refused to fill their order for a birthday cake with the message, "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler."

The parents insist they're not racists and want only to honor the heritage of the Third Reich.

"They're just names, you know," Heath Campbell has said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/01/21/2009-01-21_mother_of_children_named_after_nazis_we_.html

The parents insist they're not racists and want only to honor the heritage of the Third Reich.
Isn't that kind of contradictory? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
14,719 Posts
I think the intentions of the parents(?), in naming their offspring names like that....are pretty clear.

In my opinion, they are very bent.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the intentions of the parents(?), in naming their offspring names like that....are pretty clear.

In my opinion, they are very bent.
Yeah...I guess I'm not on the fence at all. At first glance it all seems harmless until you get to the bare bones.
There's def something wrong with these people and them denying it makes it that much more apparent. It's quite scary, actually.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Kinda like naming your boy Sue ;)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
I've heard of this family before. However, I don't see how you can remove a child from that home if there's no physical or mental harm. There are plenty of Aryan nation families who do far worse and their kids have regular names.

No person in their right minds can think they can just name their kid Adolph Hitler and have it cause no issue. Something is missing, mentally, from this man's capacity to function in normal society.

What's the most sad to me is that people like this breed, and produce offspring who will only grow up to likely do the same thing.

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
There are numerous police reports of domestic abuse.

Mom & dad like to rumble.

Am I saying that the kids were in danger? Don't know.

It feels like how they yanked those kids from the polygamist compound.

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
In a way they are kinda correct. It was not really racists so much by the Third Reich but more along the lines of genocide. But I am not going to side with the parents.

I do agree with you CGB, there are just some people who do not need to procreate.

·
Goon Squad Atheist
1,698 Posts
This should be in politics, not religion.

The kids weren't taken because of their names.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts