VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the door is closed and car is started and seat belt is on, the chime continues to sound for a minute or so. Also when lights are switched on with car started the continuous chime goes off for a minute or so. This is my first New Beetle and I am very confused. I read up on the door micro switch problem but do not think it applies because the dome lights go off and on when door is closed and opened. Please help this chime is annoying.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
First of all; tell us the: year, model, engine, transmission of the car in question (please fill in your profile/"car" info; that way, we can help you more intelligently in the future).

Maybe post a video; of you starting the car and the chime sound. That way; we can see what you are referring to and see if things are normal. It might be possible; the ignition switch is bad?

http://newbeetle.org/forums/1-8-liter-turbo/59181-ignition-switch-replacement-diy.html

Are you able to scan the car; for trouble codes? If you don't have a vw scanner; checkout on amazon.com, search "vag scanner" many are able to read/clear codes, for less than $50 (e.g. VS450). Sometimes; electrical failures will throw a specific VW trouble code, that can help track down the problem. (e.g. speedo cluster, etc.)

If and/or when; you scan the car and have some codes, post them up, we will do our best to help. We will go; from there! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts