NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of the other VW's at our house. One more on the way :p Not much to look at :p The beetle runs and the 78 will this weekend (I hope):)
busses and birthdays001.jpg

busses and birthdays002.jpg

busses and birthdays004.jpg

busses and birthdays007.jpg

busses and birthdays005.jpg

busses and birthdays008.jpg

The one under wraps looks as bad as the other white one. They were arizona busses until 3 years ago.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Aura. I wish the white ones would go away. Too many projects so nothing gets done :( The brown one will be fixed soon and then plated. I can't wait to drive it! He's going to buff it out too, I'll take new pics when it's all clean.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They aren't much to look at so I kind of hid them John. Actually we have added to the collection. Sadly I have no pics. It's another beetle . Not a vert this time and he's getting an engine in the spring (I hope). It's a fun shade of turquoise that I hope just needs to be buffed out. The brown champagne edition is now running and will be driven when it's warmer out. We hope to get rid of the two white shells. (I hope anyway) Any takers?

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It needs to be cleaned up inside but otherwise he's pretty solid. We had the gas tank relined and you wouldn't believe the pieces of rust that came out of it when we drained it to bring it in ewwww. Poor thing, no wonder he stopped running.

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
Lnzbug said:
They aren't much to look at so I kind of hid them John. Actually we have added to the collection. Sadly I have no pics. It's another beetle . Not a vert this time and he's getting an engine in the spring (I hope). It's a fun shade of turquoise that I hope just needs to be buffed out. The brown champagne edition is now running and will be driven when it's warmer out. We hope to get rid of the two white shells. (I hope anyway) Any takers?
How exciting! I wanna see pics of you in the brown champagne edition AND the turquoise once things finally warm up Miss Ellen! :)

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Lnzbug said:
It's a deal. If it ever warms up here I'll make a cameo appearance in each of them :)
If it ever warms up??? Ellen, I moved from Chicago to Arizona ummmmm for a reason:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"If it ever warms up??? Ellen, I moved from Chicago to Arizona ummmmm for a reason"

I know :rolleyes: But it will get warmer, eventually.

"Ellen ! I love your Vert. can i borrow it sometime .. Sigh I miss my old bug Very nice collection though "

Jay you can take it for a spin anytime! You have to come to Chicago first though ;)

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
Ellen,

giggled when i saw the sticker on the bus...occasionally, you'd see a car with a modded version: "escape wisconsin."

hehe. ;) :p :D

love the vert :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks, Warren
Wisconsin drivers aren't so bad. It's the Wander Indiana drivers you have to watch out for. I think it's their minds that do the wandering :rolleyes:

Sorry to all the Indiana folks here but I swear it's true! ;)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts