NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I’ll be working the rest of this week so I’ll continue the progress this weekend whenever I get time to continue. I got the return on the timing belt and tensioner. I do notice the serpentine tensioner from eBay looks identical to the one I jus got from auto zone. I’m still gone try the new one whenever it’s all back together tho and see what happens. I did find a small piece of tooth from the old timing belt that originally broke behind the crank shaft gear and curious if that could of been any of my sound or may of had it out jus a click to be unlevel where it wasn’t noticeable by eye. I’m def gonna clean everything up really good why it’s all apart and triple check every process this time. I paid someone to do this job originally and that’s where my mistake was. I’m out the money and doing the job myself now. When taking it apart I was so disappointed at the person who did the job due to so much being incorrect. The motor mount was barely hanging on and only a couple bolts thruout the whole mount where tight. I’m trying my best to locate this guy but magically has disappeared. I did supervise at times but def wasn’t as acknowledgable as I am now about this process. Main reason I paid him was because of my uncertainty but between al the videos and advice thru here I got it down in my sleep now lol. I’ll keep yal posted and thanks again

·
5/23/10 <3
11,011 Posts
I would be concerned that the previous person who did the job re-used the motor mount bolts. And if you are doing the job again, you are having to take them out anyway. So get a new set of them.

What brand are the parts you have gotten?

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
Two bolts each; for one motor mount

VW part #:

N90596906 - Bolt M10x55x32

N10209605 - Bolt M12x1.5x65

For a oem serpentine belt tensioner; oem suppliers are Litens, Ruville, FAG or iNA/Schaeffler.

Oem timing belt kits; iNA, Continental, etc; NTN is oem for tensioner pulleys/bearings/rollers and waterpumps with metal impeller are hepu, graf, etc.

For oem parts with a lifetime warranty; check out www.fcpeuro.com

Parts examples:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update. Car is running great and timing is built back 100% correctly. Only took 2 hours to build back with air tools which I jus recently purchased jus to have for future work and makes a massive difference in the motor mount time. Still have a small chirp but rarely hear it. Almost thinking it’s in one of the motor mounts but I barely and rarely hear it now so I’m no longer worried about. Thank you everyone for the support and help

21 - 26 of 26 Posts