NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Goon Squad Atheist
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1710844,00.html

There are several important respects in which it's unsupported by the New Testament. First, the timing. In the Bible we are told that you die, and enter an intermediate state. St. Paul is very clear that Jesus Christ has been raised from the dead already, but that nobody else has yet. Secondly, our physical state. The New Testament says that when Christ does return, the dead will experience a whole new life: not just our soul, but our bodies. And finally, the location. At no point do the resurrection narratives in the four Gospels say, "Jesus has been raised, therefore we are all going to heaven." It says that Christ is coming here, to join together the heavens and the Earth in an act of new creation.

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Jesus clearly stated in St John chapter 14 that he has gone to prepare a "place" for us, that where He is, we will be with Him. When Christ returns,called the Rapture, according to Scripture, we will go back to the Place and stay 7 years,it is called the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Then we will return with him "riding a white horse" where he will start a 1000 year reign in a new Jerusalem. I guess the scripture can be interpreted in 1000 different ways. Thanks for bringing this intriqing thougt up!!!!

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Beetlescott said:
Jesus clearly stated in St John chapter 14 that he has gone to prepare a "place" for us, that where He is, we will be with Him. When Christ returns,called the Rapture, according to Scripture, we will go back to the Place and stay 7 years,it is called the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Then we will return with him "riding a white horse" where he will start a 1000 year reign in a new Jerusalem. I guess the scripture can be interpreted in 1000 different ways. Thanks for bringing this intriqing thougt up!!!!
Great post Scott!! It's good to hear from a fellow Christian who actually understands the scriptures.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
CaptainXeroid said:
Great post Scott!! It's good to hear from a fellow Christian who actually understands the scriptures.
:yaya:Another fellow Christian here, who thirds that comment:banana:

·
Topless Forever
1,453 Posts
What is how you interpreted it emi? What Beetlescott said?
I wish there were more posts in this section, I would much rather talk about God than politics...

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
I wish there were more posts in this section, I would much rather talk about God than politics...
Agreed Shannon.

God wishes that more of us would talk about God too:)

·
Topless Forever
1,453 Posts
Great!!!!!! :D
I love God with my whole heart - he is my reason for being, the light at the end of my tunnel, the reason I can sleep at night and have the courage to go out of my house in the daylight of a world gone mad... if not for Him I would be completely lost :( I look at some of the people around me who don't have the comfort of His presence in their lives for whatever reason and I just feel so sad for them. If it were not for my Lord and the intimate relationship I have with Him, I would not be alive today.
Just like the American Express commercial, I won't leave home without Him - He IS my home :D

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
I love God with my whole heart - he is my reason for being, the light at the end of my tunnel, the reason I can sleep at night and have the courage to go out of my house in the daylight of a world gone mad... if not for Him I would be completely lost :( I look at some of the people around me who don't have the comfort of His presence in their lives for whatever reason and I just feel so sad for them. If it were not for my Lord and the intimate relationship I have with Him, I would not be alive today.
Just like the American Express commercial, I won't leave home without Him - He IS my home :D
Couldn't have said any better myself. He is my everything!!! Life without God, ain't no life at all.

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
OK Momsbug, I have to know your name so I can quit calling you momsbug!!! You said it! I am so glad you did. He is my everything! You go!!!!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
I look at some of the people around me who don't have the comfort of His presence in their lives for whatever reason and I just feel so sad for them.
Just to counterpoint here, you have no reason to feel sad for me. I lead and live a wonderful life, full of purpose, joy, happiness, love and giving. All without jesus. I do many good things for people, on my own accord and get lots done for me in return. I have a wonderful set of family and friends who love me. It's great that he brings comfort for you Shannon, but don't feel sad for people like myself. I am not sad about anything at all! I life my life devoted to myself and those around me and there's nothing sad about that at all. I'm plenty comfortable. ;)

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Just to counterpoint here, you have no reason to feel sad for me.
Who in this thread said they were feeling sad for you, again, in this thread...

I'm confused.

I lead and live a wonderful life, full of purpose, joy, happiness, love and giving. All without jesus. I do many good things for people, on my own accord and get lots done for me in return.
Yeah you!

I have a wonderful set of family and friends who love me.
Double yeah!

It's great that he brings comfort for you Shannon, but don't feel sad for people like myself.
I don't feel sad for you, nor do I feel pity, remorse, sorrow for you either. It's your life. Do what you want with it.

I am not sad about anything at all! I life my life devoted to myself and those around me and there's nothing sad about that at all. I'm plenty comfortable. ;)
Well, good for you then. I live my life for others, which is plain, since I am a preacher. I also live my life as much as for me as I can. I also happen to find peace and comfort in the wisdom of Christ, you know, that whole Peace Love & Understanding thing.

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Beautifully stated and I concur 100%!

RaceKitty:kiss: & I don't have kids of our own, but we've been blessed to youth leaders in our church. She is starting a class for more in depth studies and possible ordination in youth ministry.

Know Jesus, Know Peace. No Jesus, No Peace. :angel:

·
Totally Rad
484 Posts

sorry... i believe that God and Jesus are the only ones in heaven. when we die, we die, but when Jesus comes back, he will come get me, unless im around for the rapture.

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
oh man...
it's so rad to see others all stoked out of their minds for God! :p

i've done a massive 180 with God in my life within the past year and a half, and i've grown and matured in ways i've never dreamed of.

my focus is now on not only talking the talk of a Christian, but doing the good works that Christ did while on earth. i've been focusing my attention and efforts on the homeless population, and i can only hope that others will do the same.

·
Super Moderator
20,846 Posts
You presume to know the mind of God?
Nah, I couldn't presume that. However God reveals Himself through His word and that is the foundation of my life. it works for me. Gods word does say... in Acts 1:8 KJV...

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth".

weather we talk amongst friends or total strangers, we in one form or another, witness to others of our faith in Jesus Christ. Moreover, it's more than just a lot of talking, but in our everyday lives and actions. It's easy to talk about God and for those who desire, can. But more importantly, going out and doing good and treating others as Christ would, through His examples in His word, says volumes more; just being kind goes a long way. I find that, and i'm sure others here would agree, that if we show more genuine action, people see Christ in us and even enquirer on why we do what we do. Many times the biggest sermon, is the one people see rather than all the jabberwocky we sometimes say.

No I don't know the mind of God but He does desire us to know him. Now, to a degree i'm not ignorant of the mind of God, for His word points to us, His mind and his will, as shown in Ephesians 1 and Ephesians 3 for starters. Still, in all the knowledge we obtain, all that we do....

We know in part- we prophesy in part....(snip 1 Cor 13).

One thing for sure; the one thing that we must do, that's greater than the aforementioned is to love one another, which is the greatest God talk we can ever utter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts