NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
New Beetle Lover
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ... anyone know where I could get a tiny Christmas tree to put in my mediation pod? Fake or real, lit or unlit ...

Secondly, has anyone ever tried to grow a real "bonsai" tree in the meditation pod? I'd love to try, but I really would need to know what I was doing ...

·
New Beetle Lover
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a regular plant or flower I would agree, but bonsai is not the type of plant, but the process that it undergoes to be "miniaturized." The typical bonsai plant is an evergreen that has had its growth carefully controlled to remain tiny. An evergreen would definitely work in the Northeast, but they can still be very tricky, if you don't have lots of experience.

too much summer heat and winter cold. plants need air and moisture. neither are enough in a car.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
oh well i'm obviously speaking out of my rear end. you're the expert. grow on!

/me goes back to watering his plants like he does most every night not knowing anything about plant growth and weather in the Northeast

·
New Beetle Lover
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, here's the deal ... what I know is out of books, with never having ever grown my own bonsai tree from a seed, that is. That doesn't change the facts that I know, it just means I know enough to know what I don't know and seek out more experienced people. :D

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
growing requires things like:
ventilation (you won't have it unless you leave windows open 24/7)
temperature regulation (you won't have it unless you keep the car garaged 24/7)
drainage (you won't have it in a vase unless you have a much larger vase than i do with holes in the bottom and a collection device of some sort)

What you will encounter:
temperatures above 200 degrees in the summer (because deserts are lush with greenery)
temperatures way below freezing in the winter (because the Arctic is lush with greenery)
mold (kills evergreens)
root rot (kills everything)

Do you really want to introduce a wet environment into your car? This isn't Pimp My Ride, man. This is the real world. You're just setting yourself up for a headache.

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Well, here's the deal ... what I know is out of books, with never having ever grown my own bonsai tree from a seed, that is. That doesn't change the facts that I know, it just means I know enough to know what I don't know and seek out more experienced people. :D
Hey Good luck with your tree!!!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Bonsai are outdoor plants, contrary to what others would have you believe.

Technically, your car interior, is indoors. :D

You may be able to get a similar effect with an indoor plant, though. Although I doubt the bud vase will hold enough moisture for you to sustain an actual living plant in it.

If all else fails, buy a fake Bonsai.

·
Registered
193 Posts
As far as growing and keeping it in your car I doubt you could with any type of plant...as stated by others.
An option would be to grow one at home and take it with you when you go places...others do the same with their poodles.
To each their own. Good luck growing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts