VW Beetle Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I am so glad I did that:

I just love how it looks (because I have yet to find a cover that I like)

took me a couple minutes and it looks so much better then the rusted ones that had been used for over 8 years on the previous ride (aka THE jetta)

Thanks for all the compliments and questions!

· Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I never thought the screw thing would take off, but I am sooo glad I did it. After about 10 of you do it... can we name this mod "BreezyModding"? heheehe thats sooo much easier then the Joeymodding Anna did last week ;)

· Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well its been a week since BBs spa day with the claybar... she still looks fantastic!!! I've even had a person stop and ask me what I used while I filling up BB as the QT gas station. A friend of the family thought she was brand new... and wouldn't believe me when I said she was a 2001.

Her dimple in her tush (the previous owner had something dent the hatch) shows up a little more now... and I am thinking of having it priced at a dent removal place... maybe its worth it... who knows.

But anyways thanks for the claybar instructions Pete, she looks amazing.

Thanks for the all the questions and compliments.

PS... have fun painting your plate screws everyone. hehehe.

PPS: I wish Ellen a quick recovery with her little issue she had this weekend claybarring, I am glad you didnt break anything. On you or Chip.

· Volktron
269 Posts
I used a claybar the other day on Volktron but I really can't tell if it got any more debris off the front end or not. Maybe sense it's a 3 year old car with prior owners that the claybar really didn't do much. Or maybe I'm just not using it correctly?

· Premium Member
11,276 Posts
Chip looked great after I clay barred him. He felt smooth as a baby's bottom :moon: . When it stops raining I'll wash and wax him. I hope I didn't do damage to his paint by driving him naked like that, he's never been without wax before.:p BB looks like she's glowing. Good job Bree :goodjob:

· Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well at first I couldnt really tell either, but when I was done, you could see the depth of the paint job... that "pearl effect" I believe VW calls it.

I am looking out of the window at BB my beetle right now... and she still looks hot hehehehe

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.