NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Everett Street in May
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just want to share a recent experience that I had with a "pour-it-in-your-tank" product.

Lucas Oil's "Upper Cylinder Lubricant" product is fantastic. It is a fuel treatment the cleans out those injectors and helps keep the cylindar walls lubricated.

I have over 77K on the odometer, and have noticed some hesitation and the like for a while now.

Since I had a new head installed in June, I thought that the problem would have gone away. Well, it didn't.

Friend of mine said to buy this product (not cheap at $8.00 a bottle) and put it in the car.

Man, what a difference. Car pulls very smooth now and the hesitation is completely gone. I was thinking that my n-75 valve had gone bad, but this was not the case.

Just wanted to pass this experience along.

TechnoTrix'd........:wave3:

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Is this the regular fuel injector product or is it something different? If its the regular fuel injector product, Advance used to carry it in gallons (b/c truck drivers also use this stuff in diesels too). So you can save a bunch of money buying it by the gallon :)

If its a different product, where did you get it?

·
Everett Street in May
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that's the stuff.

Bill, you could have saved yourself a bunch of dough just by using this stuff. As Porkchop mentioned, truckers use this product as part of their routine maintenance.

Actually, it was a friend of mine who repairs trucks that gave me a gallon and told me to put some in my car.

Again, night and day difference in performance. Those injectors are definately clean and spraying the correct amount of fuel now.

Peace....TechnoTrix'd....:wave3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts