NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend a good product to clean the dash. I tried Armor All but it leaves it rather splotchy looking. Let me know what products you've had success with.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
I have used this (see pic) on all the plastic interior parts, as well as the dash for years on all three of my NB's and I have not had a problem with it; I rub it in like it is wax and I have received compliments that my interior looks new. I get it a Wal-Mart.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12212

Attachments

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,146 Posts
I have owned 2 brand new New Beetles and in both of them, I used water only. Or maybe a little bit of soapy water. Unfortunately, Ernie is not new, so I am going to have to use something. There are streaks in his dash that were never cleaned out well. I think I will try those wipes, they look good.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

·
Are Friends Electric?
372 Posts
If you don't own a california duster - a swiffer duster works fine (just don't tell my wife)
Yes, the swiffer duster works great! I did that before I discovered the dash duster (which I prefer, at 6 feet tall, and long arms, I even had diffulty cleaning our huge dash!)

·
Techno Blue driver
53 Posts
Dash cleaning

I just use a swiffer to gather up the dust,then use Armor-all glass and window cleaner for the smooth parts.I then use a shop vac with a soft brush attachment to get the textured surfaces.Works very well for me..Keep on dubbin..:D:bigthumb:

·
Still iPod obsessed
213 Posts
I have used this (see pic) on all the plastic interior parts, as well as the dash for years on all three of my NB's and I have not had a problem with it; I rub it in like it is wax and I have received compliments that my interior looks new. I get it a Wal-Mart.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12212
I've used that, too, but once I started stripping all the sticky gunky rubber stuff off the doors, I got inspired to take it off everywhere, stripped with alcohol and brushes and credit card, wiped with cloths, armor all after.
Whatcha think?

Attachments

·
Still iPod obsessed
213 Posts
Armor All is junk, you should clean your interior and stop using it. It's been proven to crack dashes over time, I thought it was common knowledge by now.:confused:
I never heard that. I did clean it, I took all that rubber junk off. what do you shine and polish with AFTER it's clean, if Armor All is no good?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
It is actually not intended to be shiny so you don't blind yourself when the sun is on it at the right angle. I just keep it dusted and wipe with a damp sponge if needed.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts