VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasn't like that yesterday! :( but I am guessing my clear coat is starting to come off? And was wondering if there is anything I can do to make sure it doesn't get any worse!?
I just want to keep yellow bug looking as young as I can :)
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
you can try picking off the loose clear around the edges where it's coming off and use some touch up clear and a small paint brush to seal the edges to keep water out I do this at work to used cars getting them ready for the lot it won't look overly good but help keep it from getting worse only way to really fix is repaint the panel on a bumper we can do small blends but that looks like the hood kinda hard to do a blend on a hood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this common NB problem? I have the same on the front bumper (2005 cabrio with very low mileage). Wondering should I do some touch up or re-paint it...

·
5/23/10 <3
11,414 Posts
Not a New Beetle problem. Just a car problem. Being exposed to everyday elements will take its toll on paint. My husband's 01 TDI has some good clear coat peeling that started out of the blue. Nothing you can really do about it to fix it. Re-painting is the only thing you can do.

·
Bugabu
62 Posts
It may be a clear coat but it to is paint without pigmentation...no color. So they can do a scuff and respray or get lucky and find a matching color hood,panel or bumper cover. I saved a ton of money and sold the parts that came off car. Life goes on.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts