NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. There a 2 police that don't like my NB. They pulled me over twice, in 2 weeks. This last time it was a State Trooper, and he pulled me over for smoked tail lights(they are DOT/SAE approved). It's his biggest pet-peeve, and he said he'll keep pulling me over until I get them changed. It's a $237 and 2 points/ per light. I've got six to change. I can't seem to find the rear clear markers anymore.

I'm going with clear tails and clear markers with LED colored bulbs. I can find the tail lights, LED bulbs, but not the rear markers. Anyone got a vendor saved that still sells them?

The cop is giving me 30 days to change them out and then will dismiss the tickets.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I need help. There a 2 police that don't like my NB. They pulled me over twice, in 2 weeks. This last time it was a State Trooper, and he pulled me over for smoked tail lights(they are DOT/SAE approved). It's his biggest pet-peeve, and he said he'll keep pulling me over until I get them changed. It's a $237 and 2 points/ per light. I've got six to change. I can't seem to find the rear clear markers anymore.

I'm going with clear tails and clear markers with LED colored bulbs. I can find the tail lights, LED bulbs, but not the rear markers. Anyone got a vendor saved that still sells them?

The cop is giving me 30 days to change them out and then will dismiss the tickets.
Yep, he's got a pet peeve, but clears with red bulbs won't solve your problem - the laws require red reflectors facing both to the rear and side, ditto ambers on the front. Your still gonna' get pulled over and ticketed. And your smoked lenses, DOT SAE, the package may have said so, but I doubt they really are. These kind of items are marketed and marked this way all the time. I can find you the Federal Lighting Regs if you'd like. States may have more stringent requirements, or may be lax in enforcing theirs or the Federal, but State regs are never less.

M.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I had to hunt down and find a set of rear markers and front turn signals last summer. Ours were about 8 years old, cracked, and taking in water causing our bulbs to short out. I searched and searched and finally found a guy in Latvia selling them on eBay. I'll check to see if I have his eBay listing still in my email, but I'd try there. I want to say it was about $75 (including shipping) for all 4 lenses.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had to hunt down and find a set of rear markers and front turn signals last summer. Ours were about 8 years old, cracked, and taking in water causing our bulbs to short out. I searched and searched and finally found a guy in Latvia selling them on eBay. I'll check to see if I have his eBay listing still in my email, but I'd try there. I want to say it was about $75 (including shipping) for all 4 lenses.
Here you go, good luck!:

Seller User ID: worldcarpartsseller
Your total: $58.94

1 - 4 of 4 Posts