NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random misfire codes and a blinking check engine light but only for maybe 15 seconds or so then stops blinking? While it blinks, the car hesitates then seems to accelerate and then slow down very quickly and then it drives fine. The check engine light is always on but not blinking. This has been happening now for about a week and I haven't been able to bring it to a mechanic just yet. The car seems to run fine for the most part. I can't find anything like ignition type problems, spark plugs look very good (wires are new) or vacuum leaks. Could it possibly be a clogged or worn out fuel injector?

Any help greatly appreciated as always:(

·
5/23/10 <3
10,933 Posts
How is your coil?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Smileybug! I bought and installed a new coil about 4 months ago. I've read that they can be a problem. Checked all connections to it and used the water mist test in the dark to look for any possible arcing... found nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks to be another ignition coil. Just put one in not too long ago. This car's days are numbered... I bought it for the fun of driving it not as a second hobby :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts