VW Beetle Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know where I saw it, this site or elsewhere, but there is a rubber bumper that the trunk strike pin hits. The person that posted said to cut about 1/16" off the surface where the strike pin/lock pin contacts. I did that, plus I took a little tension off the spring that forces the trunk open when trunk is released. Did that by stretching that spring maybe 1/8" to 1/4". I got that idea from somebody that said there was a TB about the spring. Stretching was my idea.

There is significant work to get the trunk liners out to do this work. And get them back in. More work than the mods I made.

Works PERFECT now. No more worrying about denting.

·
DropTopDub Extraordinaire
129 Posts
and to think when I bought my 2003 vert in 2006 I thought someone had stabbed the VW emblem on the trunk lid with the end of the key blade in attempts to push it in. I saw the center of the W loose and investigated- IT SLIDE SIDEWAYS to reveal the KEYHOLE -- tooooooo cool! Just made me lust after my VW more! Ive always wanted to replace the emblem cause of the "dent" but I guess thats the way they came seeing more pics like this one of the same exactly placed dent- off to the left and at an angle in the center of the W. I still want to replace my whole emblem as I replace the front emblem and now the rear is starting to fade and delaminate on the dark metallic part.

glad to know the dent is factory made - thought I knew everything about NBC verts- NOT!

so whats the deal with buying a new one? are the keys that come with it the same key you have or a different key all together so youd now have a key for everything and a 2nd friggin key for the trunk?

Attachments

41 - 43 of 43 Posts