NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I want to clean my own cloth seats, what do I need to go about that?

Ideally I want to buy some kind of shampooer machine, but I don't want it to leave the seats soaked, might make them musty.

Thanks!

SMG

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
SMG said:
Neko,

This forum will never build up info if we keep referencing the old one.

Did that thread answer my question? No, not at all.

SMG
Actually I thought that this post by Tom in that thread was interesting:

<<
For those of you with some mechinacal apptitude and a long weekend. There is a way to really really get those seats clean once and for all.

I must say though that you do this at your own risk etc etc.

The seat skins are removable....well anything that has been attatched is removable if you know the way it was applied.

However in this case its just a bunch of hooks, hog ties and screws holding it in.

Start by removing the front seats, unplugging the wires and then removing all the plastic by starting in the front and working your way around.

Then its just a matter of slowly peeling up the seat material and cutting all the hog rings (little metal rings).

Once all the material is off just treat it like your draperiers. apply stain remover and wash in woolite. then Let air dry over night.

If you are not so brave you can still remove the seats front and back and scrub them with a scrub brush and woolite then hose off or use a lot of distilled water to rinse them off.

Let them sit out in the sun for the day and then put back in. The seat bases are simple foam so it will not break down from water but you need to make sure its dry before putting it back in your car or in that sealed container it will mold....yuck

Thats the way I clean my cloth and the way I clean my freinds cloth seats....it works and thats what matters.
>>

Which is the reason why I sent you to that thread. I am lazy and use Folex, but one of these days I am going to brave and try Tom's suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts