NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's about where I am with this bastard.
I've tried the old way, I made a half-ass pressure bleeder.
I'm very frustrate right now. I mean how long did it take someone to do it the ok fashioned way 3 1/2 hours or what. I'm about ready to trailer this bitch to a shop.

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
I think; you should break down and buy a reverse bleeding system from Phoenix Systems; it is easy to use, makes the bleeding process a snap. It made bleeding my clutch hydraulic system; easy to do and I didn't need another person to help by pumping the clutch pedal, either. Something of a investment (a little under $90; for the economy v12 version) but as you are experiencing, really reduces the brain damage of dealing with the problem and makes it so, you don't have to pay someone else to do it for you.

Bleeding Brakes, Brake Bleeding Tools, Brake Fluid Testing

https://www.google.com/search?q=V-1...leeder+Kit&start=10&tbm=shop&tbs=vw:l,p_ord:p

Videos showing how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOemg5wAoQ

more videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/brakebleeder/videos

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
For some reason on my car, the passenger side rear was a pia, even with the pressure tank tool pushing the fluid. It took a few attempts to get it flowing well and the air out of the system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure my pressure plate is stuck, it's the only thing it can be really it's not rocket scienceim just frustrated, thanx for letting me vent tho. Ima deal with that in the morning and ill let you know how it goes.

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
reverse bleeder that phoenix systems makes is the way to go. we used one almost the same (prob the same) at the shop when i worked for VW. they have one thats the same kind of set up (cant verify for quality) at Vato-Zone for under $50.

good luck sir.

-jd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a vacuum bleeder tht has proven quite useless so far.
The clutch just goes to the floor, I can't get it to build pressure no matter what I do.
I can't get fluid to draw out, idk it just hates me I think

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I jacked it up an looked around an if my pressure play is stuck that way beyond a job I am willing to do myself, I have the feeling I'm gonna end up taking it to a shop somewhere Monday cause I'm not very good at this stuff apparently

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
Don't feel bad; many other people have had problems bleeding their clutches. A reverse bleeder is the way to go; go ahead and get the tool, it literally only take minutes to get the job done! Get the right tool for the job and get it done; move on! :) Reverse bleeding is the way to go! The reverse bleeding; pushes brake fluid into the systems and the air out of the system, into the fluid reservoir (you will see the bubbles come out there). It is definitely; the opposite, of how most of us have done the bleeding process over the years; the clutch on VWs can be particularly hard to do, reverse bleeding will fix the problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts